Old Town Hall Rentals
Built in 1834, Tyngsborough’s historic Old Town Hall is located at 10 Kendall Road, and has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 2005.
Old Town Hall can be rented for a variety of functions. It includes a kitchen, a lower hall and upper hall, which includes a stage. Frequent rentals include business meetings, baby and bridal showers, birthday parties, performances of all kinds, family reunions, and much more. More recently, the Old Town Hall has frequently been used to host wedding receptions following beautiful ceremonies at our sister building, the First Parish Meeting House just across the pond.
Keep scrolling to learn more and reserve the hall today!
Is the building available? Check Date
There is a four hour minimum for rentals in the Old Town Hall. The first four hours is presented as the base fee. Any additional time is charged at the additional hour rate for the appropriate fee group. Local non-profits are not subject to the base fee. Please check with our staff to confirm that your event qualifies for the recurring event fee.
|Fee Group||Base Fee (Four hours)||Additional Hours|
|Local Non-Profit||(Hourly Rate Only) –>||$20.00|
|Recurring Event (Lower Hall Only)||(Hourly Rate Only) –>||$50.00|
Interested in submitting a rental application for the Old Town Hall? Follow these simple steps:
1) Ensure that the date of your rental is available.
2) Submit an application here.
3) Secure your rental by submitting a $250 deposit to the Recreation Department in the form of a check made out to the Town of Tyngsborough. Deposit checks can be mailed or hand delivered to the Recreation Director, 25 Bryants Lane Tyngsborough MA 01879.
4) No less than 10 days prior to your event, submit payment for the rental. Payment can be made via the online application portal or by submitting a check to the address above.
Available at an additional cost, the Old Town Hall Kitchen is fully equipped with a large capacity refrigerator, freezer, full oven and stove, and an industrial sink for easy cleaning. This spacious kitchen is great for meal preparation and catering.
Sound System Available
The Old Town Hall comes fully equipped with a state-of-the-art sound system. This easy to use system includes high performance speakers, wireless microphones (2) and a projector for visualOld Town Hall Audio Mixer
presentations. Great for playing music, showing videos, or making presentations.
The Town of Tyngsborough offers the Old Town Hall for rent “as is”. This means that the renter is responsible for 100% of the event set up and clean up after an event. Rentals of the Old Town Hall do not come with staff support. When renting the Old Town Hall, renters are responsible for:
1) Setting up tables & chairs
2) Setting up other elements of the event and sharing parking information with their attendees.
3) Putting away all tables and chairs at the conclusion of the event.
4) Sweeping all areas of the building that were used by the renter.
5) Emptying inside trash barrels into trash and recycling toters outside of building.
Town Staff will ensure that bathrooms are stocked and properly cleaned before your event. Renter is not respomsible for bathroom cleaning.
The grounds of Old Town Hall include a newly renovated park complete with ADA compliant walkways around a brand new gazebo, a sitting wall, gorgeous landscape features, and benches. This parcel of land is connected to the First Parish Meeting House grounds via a footbridge over Flint Pond.
The exterior of the building is wheelchair accessible.
Follow along with Recreation Director Alison Page as she takes you on a complete virtual tour of this beautiful building to give you a better of idea of what to expect on your big day.
|Auditorium Seating||Table Seating||Standing Room|
Still have questions? Want to see the place for yourself?
If you still have questions or are interested in booking an in-person showing of the building, please contact Recreation Director Alison Page. Renters are entitled to one free showing. Any additional showing will be charged at the hourly rate of a non-resident rental. Please request a booking at least three business days in advance. Direct all other inquires to Alison Page as well.
Alison Page, Recreation Director