Tyngsborough’s resident-only yard waste drop off site will open at 7:30 AM on Tuesday, October 10, 2023.
The site is located off Bryant’s Lane, closer to the Middlesex Road end. Signs will guide you to the entrance. Vehicles will enter & exit through the same driveway. The site will be open Tuesday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM and 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM on Saturdays. The site will close on the second Saturday in December (weather permitting) and will re-open on the first Tuesday in April.
Please note that the Town will close the site during heavy rain events or snow events. Notices about changes of hours due to weather events will be posted on the Town website & social media.
Residents are permitted to drop off the following items:
- Branches/Sticks (any size & no need to bundle)
- Grass Clippings
Residents are not permitted to drop off anything not listed above, including:
- Plastic bags
- Plant posts
- Food waste
Improper use of the site may result in changes to site access & illegal dumping including of textiles, trash, appliances, mattresses, or anything other than yard waste may result in prosecution. The site is under 24-hour surveillance. Contractors or commercial entities are prohibited from using the site and action will be taken against violators.
Signs at the site will direct you to where to dump your yard waste. Drive to the end of the driveway and dump yard waste in area indicated by signs and cones.
Yard waste may be dumped from any type of container or left in paper leaf bags. No items should be left in anything other than paper bags. If transporting the yard waste via plastic bag or barrel, please dump directly onto the ground. Signs will point you to where to leave the yard waste. Your cooperation in keeping the site orderly is appreciated.
Please note that the Town will no longer offer curbside yard waste.
For residents who don’t have a car/trailer capable of transporting yard waste, there are several alternatives including:
- Mow leaves into your lawn as fertilizer (preferred option and keeps your lawn healthy!)
- Compost leaves/brush on-site on one’s own property (if possible)
- Ask a friend, family member or neighbor to borrow a vehicle or trailer
- Daily trailer rentals are available at several local moving and equipment rental companies
- The Town will connect volunteers who are willing to transport leaves/brush on behalf of seniors or disabled neighbors who need assistance transporting their yard waste to the drop-off site. (this is not a yard clean-up service, only transportation from curbside to the drop-off site). Please contact the Town Manager’s Office if you need assistance or are willing to help a neighbor in need. 978-743-5337 or email [email protected]