National Grid can now send personalized power outage alerts by text, email, or even phone calls for the following events:
- when we detect a power outage at your property
- when we have estimates or updates on how long it will take for power to be restored
- when you want weather warnings for your neighborhood
We have 3 ways to enroll:
- For a quick, easy way to enroll, simply text REG (for “register”) to 64743 (Please have your ten digit account number ready to register).
- Call us at 1-800-322-3223 and let us know how you prefer to be contacted during storms and outages, and we’ll be in touch when necessary.
- If you already have an online account established (using an e/m address and password), click on the green link in the infographic below to set your notification preferences. **If you do not have an online account, you can register for one. (Only active electric accounts can enroll in power outage alerts.)
If you sign up to receive our text alerts, you can also text us to report outages or check on the progress of your restoration.
To start texting with us, use any of the below commands:
- Text REG to 64743 to sign up for text alerts.
- Text OUT to 64743 to report an outage.
- Text SUM to 64743 followed by your town, county, or state to get a summary of outages in your area. For example, if you live in Beverly, text “SUM Beverly” to 64743. **You do not need to be registered for text alerts to utilize this function.**
- You can also text HELP to 64743 for the full list of commands.
Find National Grid Massachusetts Electric on the web here: https://www.nationalgridus.com/MA-Home/