To Tyngsborough Residents,
Governor Baker has initiated Phase 2 of the Commonwealth’s reopening plan, effective Monday, June 8th. Phase 2 allows additional businesses to reopen, with restrictions. Detailed information is available here: mass.gov/reopening. We are pleased to announce that Town Hall will be reopening to the public, with new safety measures in place, on Wednesday, June 10th, 2020. Please note, the Library is still only offering curbside pickup at this time. During Phase 2, Town Hall will be open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM and closed to the public on Fridays. While Town Hall will be open to the public, we strongly encourage residents to continue to utilize alternative means of communicating and conducting business, such as online permitting and bill pay, email, and or phone calls whenever possible. A full list of available resources is available here. Please keep in mind that certain department deads including the Building Inspector, Health Agent, and Chief Assessor frequently conduct off-site inspections so it is always a good idea to call before visiting Town Hall to speak with those individuals. Thank you for helping to keep your neighbors and Town Staff safe. Tyngsborough’s complete Public Buildings Reopening Plan is now available at the following link: Reopening Plan.
Prior to visiting Town Hall, we ask that you please review the Important Information and Frequently Asked Questions below.
Important Information and Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Will residents be required to wear face coverings? A. All visitors must wear a face covering at all times while in the building, in accordance with the Governor’s orders. Please check the Governor’s order here: masks
- Q. Does the town provide masks at the entrance? A. Masks are available at the main entrance but to preserve supplies we request that you provide your own face covering if possible.
- Signage at the entrance explains that visitors are expected to self-screen before entering the building. Signage will indicate common COVID-19 symptoms, and you are asked not to enter the building if you have the symptoms listed.
- All visitors must enter through the Main Entrance and exit the building through the secondary egress in the center of the building (near the Veteran’s office), which will be clearly marked.
- Visitors should continue to socially distance themselves from others while inside the building. Please carefully read all signage regarding the number of people allowed in each office and waiting area in the building.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the building and visitors are requested to sanitize prior to, and after, any interaction with town staff.
- Q. Are other municipal buildings open to the public? A. Certain services are currently available at other municipal buildings and offerings will continue to increase in later phases of the Commonwealth’s reopening. Please review the Public Buildings Reopening Plan or call your respective department/building to view currently available services.
- Thank you again for doing your part to help keep your Town Hall a safe place to conduct business.