July 30, 2021
Today, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Department of Public Health updated their advisory regarding face coverings and cloth masks. The advisory, which can be read in its entirety here, now makes the following advisement:
- A fully vaccinated person should wear a mask or face covering when indoors (and not in their own home) if they have a weakened immune system, if they are at an increased risk for severe disease because of age or underlying medical condition, or if someone in their household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is unvaccinated.
Remember that a proper face covering should:
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of your face,
- Be secured with ties or ear loops,
- Include multiple layers of fabric,
- Allow for breathing without restriction, and
- Be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape.