As the Town continues to comply with the federally mandated MS4 Stormwater Permit, we will periodically provide public outreach and conduct education and public awareness efforts. As we approach the start of the summer and warmer weather, here are some helpful lawn and garden tips. Together, we can work to curb stormwater pollution.
- Test the soil first to understand pH and fertilizer needs.
- Leave grass clippings to fertilize lawn naturally.
- Don’t trash grass clippings and leaves.
- Use leaves as mulch to boost soil health.
- Water once a week in the morning, no more than 1 inch.
- Follow package instructions if you have to fertilize.
- Familiarize yourself with local and state restrictions.
- Don’t mow wet grass.
- Keep your equipment blades sharp.
- Adjust your mower to cut your grass 2″ to 3″ tall.
Check out the helpful graphic here.