The Town of Tyngsborough is seeking two residents to serve on the newly established Open Space & Recreation Committee. This committee will be charged with:
- Coordinating the Open Space and Recreation Plan Update (required every 5-7 years);
- Coordinating and overseeing the implementation of actions recommended in the Open Space and Recreation Plan;
- Maintaining inventory of lands, including lands of potential interest for open space, resource protection, recreation and other environmental concerns (e.g. stormwater management and floodplain protection);
- Promoting appropriate use of existing public open space and assisting in land conservation efforts identified as priorities in the Open Space and Recreation Plan;
- Collaborating with relevant boards, committees and staff, including the Conservation Commission, Recreation Committee, Planning Board, Historic Commission, Board of Selectmen, and the Assessor among others;
- Assisting landowners interested in land conservation.
The Committee will be a five member committee with a representative from the Conservation Commission, the Recreation Committee, and the Community Preservation Committee in addition to the two residents.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest to Colin Loiselle, Director of Administrative Services by email [email protected] or by mail to 25 Bryants Lane. Applications will be accepted through December 1, 2020 at 4:00 PM.
Colin Loiselle, Director of Administrative Services
978-649-2300 x155 or [email protected]