, , The Conservation Commission
About the Commission:
Conservation Commissions are established under the provisions of the Massachusetts Conservation Commission Act (Mass. G.L. Ch. 40, Sec. 8C) for the “promotion and development of the natural resources and for the protection of watershed resources” of the Town. The range of duties and responsibilities is wide, however, the major areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Administer and enforce the Mass. Wetlands Protection Act (M.G.L. Ch.131, Sec. 40) and its applicable Regulations (310 C.M.R 10.00) as well as the Tyngsborough Wetlands Protection By-Law (Article XXII of the General By-Laws) and its Regulations.
- Work with the Recreation Commission to develop and maintain an Open Space and Recreation Plan for the Town.
- Develop projects and programs to carry out the applicable goals of the Open Space and Recreation Plan, including preserving land by acquisition, protecting open space through Conservation Restrictions, publishing educational and informational materials (books, pamphlets, maps, plans) and implementing programs for the improvement and protection of the natural resources.
- Manage the land under the control of the Conservation Commission.
- Advise and work with other Town Boards, Committees and organizations on matters involving the natural resources and watershed resources.
The Commission consists of seven (7) members appointed by the Select Board for terms of 3 years each. The Select Board may also appoint associate members as they see fit. Associate members cannot vote.
Our staff is composed of one Conservation Director and one part-time Administrative Assistant.
|Ed Derby, Chair||2024|
|Joseph Kablik, Vice Chair||2024|
|Vacant, Associate Member||2026|
|Jason Mello, Associate Member||2026|
Wetlands Permit Documents
Conservation Commission Minutes
Conservation Commission Meeting Packets
Open Space Plan Documents
In March, 2020, the Town of Tyngsborough began holding remote public meetings in accordance with the Governor’s executive order relating to Open Meeting Law. Please visit the calendar page (https://www.tyngsboroughma.gov/calendar/) for more information and to see all scheduled public meetings.
M, T: 8:30am – 4:30pm
W: 8:30am – 7:00pm
TR: 8:30am – 4:00pm
Serving Tyngsborough since 2022.
Administrative Assistant to Conservation/ Planning/ Zoning
Serving Tyngsborough since 2008.