The Assessors’ Office
The primary function of the Assessor’s Department is to value all Real Estate and Personal Property within the Town of Tyngsborough. The Department also administers all Motor Vehicle Excise Bills, Real Estate Exemptions, Real Estate and Personal Property Abatements. The Assessors Department has Chief Assessor and three Elected Assessors.
Fiscal Year 2020 Tax Rate: $16.25/1,000 of value
Real Estate Tax Abatement Applications must be filed with the Board of Assessors by February 3, 2020.
There are several Real Estate Tax Exemptions available to residents based upon their income and asset qualifications, as well as exemptions for Disabled Veterans and Legally Blind residents.
Applications may be obtained from the Assessor’s office and are due by April 1st each year.
Elected Board of Assessors:
|Ann Marie G. Conant, Chair||2023|
Term Length (years)
Serving Tyngsborough since 2011.
Serving Tyngsborough since 2017.
Tyngsborough Property Assessment Data
Motor Vehicle Excise Tax:
Assessment – An excise is assessed on a motor vehicle or trailer by the assessors of the municipality in which the vehicle is customarily garaged. The excise is based on information furnished on the application for registration with the Registry of Motor Vehicles. Any corrections to the excise tax must be made with the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
Abatements of Motor Vehicle Excise Tax may be granted when:
- The vehicle is sold and the registration is cancelled or transferred to another vehicle
- The vehicle is transferred to another state with proof of registration in such other state and proof of cancellation of plate in Massachusetts
- When the vehicle is overvalued
- When there is a subsequent registration of the same vehicle in the same year by the same person
- When the vehicle is totaled, repossessed or stolen with proper proof of vehicles’ disposition along with proof of plate cancellation or transfer
- Tyngsborough Property Assessment Data – Contains Latest Data Assessment for FY 2020
- Middlesex County Registry of Deeds – Contains copies of most property deeds
- Tyngsborough GIS
- Average Single Family Assessment History in Tyngsborough
- MA Department of Revenue Tax Rate Recapitulation Form
- MA Department of Revenue Levy Limit Information
- Citizens Taxation Aid Committee