Emergency Contact Information
Important Phone Numbers:
- If you have a power outage contact National Grid at 800-322-3223
- If you have a gas outage contact National Grid at 800-548-8000
- If you have a water outage contact Tyngsborough Water District at 978-649-4577
- If you have a sewer emergency (non-septic) contact the Sewer Department at 978-815-6293
- If you are having telecommunications issues with Comcast call 800-266-2278
- If you are having telecommunications issues with Verizon call 800-837-4966
- The Tyngsborough Police Department's non-emergency line is 978-649-7504
Seventy-two hour disaster kits available for purchase ($50). Contact the Tyngsborough Health Department to order your kit. Great for camping, birthday gifts, and acknowledgment of September as National Preparedness Month.
National Grid Notifications
National Grid can now send personalized power outage alerts by text, email, or even phone calls for the following events:
- when they detect a power outage at your property
- when they have estimates or updates on how long it will take for power to be restored
- when you want weather warnings for your neighborhood
We have 3 ways to enroll:
- For a quick, easy way to enroll, simply text "reg" (for "register") to 64743 (Please have your ten-digit account number ready to register).
- Call us at 800-322-3223 and let us know how you prefer to be contacted during storms and outages, and we'll be in touch when necessary.
- If you already have an online account established (using an e/m address and password), click on the green link in the infographic below to set your notification preferences. If you do not have an online account, you can register for one. (See note)
If you sign up to receive text alerts, you can also text us to report outages or check on the progress of your restoration.
Note: Only active electric accounts can enroll in power outage alerts.
To start texting with us, use any of the below commands:
- Text REG to 64743 to sign up for text alerts.
- Text OUT to 64743 to report an outage.
- Text SUM to 64743 followed by your town, county, or state to get a summary of outages in your area. For example, if you live in Beverly, text "SUM Beverly" to 64743.
Note: You do not need to be registered for text alerts to utilize this function.
- You can also text "help" to 64743 for the full list of commands.
Smart911 Emergency Notification System
Alerts powered by Smart911 Tyngsborough is the official emergency notification system used by the Town of Tyngsborough to communicate with community residents during emergencies. Sign up now to receive free alerts via text message, email, and/or voice message.
- Add your address to receive geo-targeted alerts
- Indicate what types of alerts you want to receive including weather, traffic, emergency, and more.
- Indicate how you want to be notified by text, email, and/or voice message.
Sign up to receive or adjust emergency notifications.
The system will be activated for emergency public safety messages and important public notifications. Alerts may include, but are not limited to:
- Extreme weather
- Missing and endangered persons
- Evacuations and lockdowns
- Water emergencies
- Chemical spills or release
- Security alerts