Please think before you toss items into the trash since Tyngsborough must pay by the ton to dispose of trash whereas recyclable materials are collected on a flat fee basis.
Tyngsborough has a contract with Republic Service to collect residential trash once a week on Monday. Recycling is collected every other week on Monday. For information on your pick-up, refer to the Recycling Calendar or contact the Board of Health at 978-649-2300 x118.
Holidays: No collection on holidays. When a holiday occurs, the collection will be a day delayed and pick up will be on Tuesday.
Holidays include: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents’ Day, patriots Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Please refer to the calendar for further details.
- Please follow these rules:
- TRASH COLLECTION
- Please ensure that your trash toter cart is fully accessible for pick up. Please move vehicle or relocate the cart for easy pick up.
- Please place your cart at least 3 feet from obstructions such as mailboxes and recycle bins. Keep the cart clear of overhead wires and low hanging branches.
- Please place all trash inside the cart, all the way. Lid must be fully closed with nothing hanging out.
- Overflow waste placed on the ground will not be picked up, unless the overflow waste is bagged with approved sticker.
- Bulky items will not be picked up without an approved bulky sticker. Bulky items are collected by appointments only – Call Republic Service at 978-649-7564 and press 2 for customer service.
- Stickers for bulky items and excess trash bags can be purchased at Board of Health, located in the Town Offices building, 25 Bryants Lane (978-649-2300 x 118).
- Please place your cart curbside no later than 6:30 AM.
- Please do not put any of the following items in the trash cart: Hazardous Waste, Recyclables, Furniture, Construction/ Demolition Debris, Yard Waste, Auto Parts, Asbestos, TVs/CRT, Mercury Containing Products (Fluorescent Bulbs, Thermometers, etc.), Propane Tanks, or Sharps.
- RECYCLING COLLECTION
- Please place your bins at curbside by 6:30 AM on your collection day. Recycling is collected every other week. Please see our Recycling Calendar to determine which week your recycling will be picked up (mailed to all households annually or can be downloaded athttp://www.tyngsboroughma.gov/recycling/calendar).
- Keep recycling container(s) at least 3 feet from the trash cart.
- Please break down and flatten all cardboard boxes to 3 x 3 feet.
- Please remove packing materials, liners, and plastic wrappings from cardboard boxes.
- Curbside recycling is single stream. This means that any accepted recyclables can be placed in any designated recycling container, there is no need to have separate bins for paper/cardboard and plastic/glass/metal.
- TRASH COLLECTION
ITEMS PROHIBITED FROM TRASH
The following items are prohibited from the trash by Massachusetts state law:
- Glass bottles & jars
- Computer monitors
- Office mail & paper
- Auto parts & machinery
- Plastic jugs & bottles
- Brush, grass clippings, leaves
- Aluminum or other metal cans
- Newspapers & magazines
- Hazardous waste
- Medical Waste