Following regular meetings of the Emergency Planning Task Force, we have the following updates pertaining to the Town of Tyngsborough:
- The Town has a reverse-911 alert system by Rave Mobile. This service already has all residents landline home phone numbers in its database. Because many have cell phones or don’t live in Tyngsborough but still would like these alerts, you can opt in with additional contact information at any time. The link to do so is here. Please note, Tyngsborough only moved to the Rave platform recently and previously used CodeRED. If you registered with CodeRED in the past, you will still need to register your contact information with Rave Mobile at the link above.
- Please be aware that all town- and school-sponsored recreation activities have been postponed or canceled. We understand the need for outdoor recreation, including Tyngsborough trails, fields and parks, but we strongly encourage residents to heed guidelines of the CDC pertaining to social distancing, avoiding crowds, and keeping at least 6 feet between people.
- Mass 2-1-1 is a public service available to everyone in the state. Simply dial 2-1-1 from any phone for a live operator 24/7 who can give many types of information, including about the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and testing information. Visit their website for more information: https://mass211.
- Town Offices, the Library, Senior Center and Highway Department remain closed, but all are staffed. Please visit http://www.tyngsboroughma.gov for details about how to conduct business at this time as many items can be done online or via email/phone.
- Please continue to be vigilant about good hygiene and social distancing. Visit the CDC for the latest on the Coronavirus and heed the Governor’s and President’s recommendations to help curb the spread of this disease.