For Monday, please remember to check to make sure your trash toter lid is fully closed, all the way, with nothing hanging out.
If your household has generated an amount of trash that prevents the lid from being completely closed, you can purchase an overflow sticker for $5.00 to place on your extra trash bag. Overflow stickers are available for purchase at the Board of Health office at Town Hall between the hours of 8 AM and 3 PM, Monday through Wednesday. They are also available on Sundays at the Tyngsborough Farmers Market, which is held outside the Littlefield Library on Sundays, from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
A complete list of rules in effect as of July 1, 2013 is as follows:
- Please ensure that your trash toter cart is fully accessible for pick up. Please move vehicle or relocate the cart for easy pick up.
- Please place your cart at least 3 feet from obstructions such as mailboxes and recycle bins. Keep the cart clear of overhead wires and low hanging branches.
- Please place all trash inside the cart, all the way. Lid must be fully closed with nothing hanging out.
- Overflow waste placed on the ground will not be picked up, unless the overflow waste is bagged with approved sticker.
- Bulky items will not be picked up without an approved bulky sticker. Bulky items are collected by appointments only – Call Republic Service at 978-649-7564 x2 for an appointment.
- Stickers for bulky items and excess trash bags can be purchased at Board of Health, located in the Town Offices building, 25 Bryants Lane (978-649-2300 x 118).
- Please place your cart curbside no later than 6:30 AM.
- Please do not put any of the following items in the trash cart: Hazardous Waste, Recyclables, Furniture, Construction/ Demolition Debris, Yard Waste, Auto Parts, Asbestos, TVs/CRT, Mercury Containing Products (Fluorescent Bulbs, Thermometers, etc.), Propane Tanks, or Sharps.
- Please place your bins at curbside by 6:30 AM on your collection day. Recycling is collected every other week. Please see our Recycling Calendar to determine which week your recycling will be picked up (mailed to all households annually or can be downloaded at http://www.tyngsboroughma.gov/recycling/calendar).
- Keep recycling container(s) at least 3 feet from the trash cart.
- Please break down and flatten all cardboard boxes to 3 x 3 feet.
- Please remove packing materials, liners, and plastic wrappings from cardboard boxes.
- Curbside recycling is single stream. This means that any accepted recyclables can be placed in any designated recycling container, there is no need to have separate bins for paper/cardboard and plastic/glass/metal.