This is the home of all things related to Tyngsborough’s Town Meeting.
Open Town Meeting is the form of democratic governing practiced in Tyngsborough, used for over 250 years.
Outlined below is the annual town meeting schedule voted by the Board of Selectmen. The following schedule for the upcoming Annual & Special Town Meeting is based on the date of Tuesday, May 16, 2017. The meeting will be held at the Tyngsborough Elementary School at 205 Westford Rd.
The important dates are:
|February 13, 2017||Annual and Special Town Meeting Warrants Open|
|March 13, 2017||Begin Review of Draft Articles by Selectmen and Finance Committee|
|March 16, 2017||Warrant Closes: Deadline to submit Articles/Citizen Petitions|
|March 16, 2017||Warrant Articles to Town Counsel for initial review|
|March 27, 2017||Draft Warrants Reviewed by Selectmen and Finance Committee|
|April 10, 2017||Draft Warrants Reviewed by Selectmen and Finance Committee|
|April 24, 2017||Final Warrant approval by Town Counsel/Board of Selectmen|
|April 24, 2017||Final Town Meeting Warrants approved and signed by Selectmen|
|May 1, 2017||Deadline for posting Annual and Special Town Meeting Warrants
Copies of Town Meeting Warrants, Report of Finance Committee, Capital Asset Management Committee plan, and Annual Town Report.
|May 16, 2017||Annual (7:00 pm) and Special (7:30 pm) Town Meeting (205 Westford Rd)|
General Town Meeting Information
- Tyngsborough Town Meeting minutes
- Massachusetts Guide to Town Meeting (external site)
- Massachusetts Law relating to Town Meeting (external site)
2016 Special Town Meeting Information (6/28/2016)
2016 Annual Spring Town Meeting Information (5/17/2016)
- 2016 Annual Spring Town Meeting – Guidebook (Warrants, budget and FinCom report)
- 2016 Annual Spring Town Meeting – FinCom report
- 2017-2020 Capital Asset Management Plan
- 2016 Annual Spring Town Meeting Warrant (superseded by information in the guidebook above)