The Office of the Board of Assessors and Town Assessor
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to Noon
Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Elected Board of Assessors:
|Philip F. O'Brien||2015|
|Marc R. Welch||2016|
|Ann Marie G. Conant||2017|
Lauren M. Woekel, Chief Assessor
(978) 649-2300 x122
Jennifer Wilson, Assessor’s Assistant
(978) 649-2300 x121
Our Office Handles:
The primary function of the Assessor’s Department is to value all Real Estate and Personal Property within the Town of Tyngsborough. The Department also administers all Motor Vehicle Excise Bills, Real Estate Exemptions, Real Estate and Personal Property Abatements. The Assessors Department has Chief Assessor and three Elected Assessors.
Fiscal Year 2014 Tax Rate: $16.78/1,000 of value
Real Estate Tax Abatement Applications must be filed with the Board of Assessors by February 3, 2014.
- Real Estate Tax Abatement Application [Click Here]
- Real Estate Tax Abatement Instructions [Click Here]
There are several Real Estate Tax Exemptions available to residents based upon their income and asset qualifications, as well as exemptions for Disabled Veterans and Legally Blind residents.
For additional information on available exemptions [Click Here]
Applications may be obtained from the Assessor’s office and are due by March 31st each year.
Motor Vehicle Excise Tax:
Assessment – An excise is assessed on a motor vehicle or trailer by the assessors of the municipality in which the vehicle is customarily garaged. The excise is based on information furnished on the application for registration with the Registry of Motor Vehicles. Any corrections to the excise tax must be made with the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
Abatements of Motor Vehicle Excise Tax may be granted when:
- The vehicle is sold and the registration is cancelled or transferred to another vehicle
- The vehicle is transferred to another state with proof of registration in such other state and proof of cancellation of plate in Massachusetts
- When the vehicle is overvalued
- When there is a subsequent registration of the same vehicle in the same year by the same person
- When the vehicle is totaled, repossessed or stolen with proper proof of vehicles’ disposition along with proof of plate cancellation or transfer
Motor Vehicle Excise Tax Abatement Application [Click Here]
Tyngsborough Property Assessment Data
(Powered By Patriot Properties WebPro)
Contains Latest Data Assessment for FY 2014
Middlesex County Registry of Deeds
(Contains copies of most property deeds)